[slscripters] "Old" and "New" regions? My (and other) vehicles are broken.

[slscripters] "Old" and "New" regions? My (and other) vehicles are broken.

AnnMarie Otoole
There are currently some "new" regions in SL.
Objects can move, or be moved across sim lines from and old region to a
new region as normal.
Objects that attempt to move or are moved manually from a new region to
an old region get error messages like Can't move object to xxx because
regions are not compatible.
Or the message my vehicles get is
Second Life: Can't move object 'ABCD' to { 255.995, 167.184, 19.8533 }
in region XYZ because the other region is running an older version which
does not support receiving this object via region crossing.
My vehicles are suffering severely.
Hopefully since they have error messages it is intentional and temporary.
Are we getting a new method of region data transfers?
Is it related to Pathfinding?
Any idea on how long crossings will be broken?

Re: [slscripters] "Old" and "New" regions? My (and other) vehicles are broken.

AnnMarie Otoole
I've opened SVC-8023.
SVC-8032 is related but has been closed due to similarity to a problem
with Pathfinding and Mesh objects however the current problem applies to
ALL objects.
A freshly rezzed cube can be moved into a new region but once inside it
cannot be moved out.
An example of a "new" region is Nuttall.
Occupied vehicles have the same problem as unoccupied.
Until all regions are "new" vehicles will be broken.

On 6/26/2012 10:42 PM, AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

> There are currently some "new" regions in SL.
> Objects can move, or be moved across sim lines from and old region to a
> new region as normal.
> Objects that attempt to move or are moved manually from a new region to
> an old region get error messages like Can't move object to xxx because
> regions are not compatible.
> Or the message my vehicles get is
> Second Life: Can't move object 'ABCD' to { 255.995, 167.184, 19.8533 }
> in region XYZ because the other region is running an older version which
> does not support receiving this object via region crossing.
> My vehicles are suffering severely.
> Hopefully since they have error messages it is intentional and temporary.
> Are we getting a new method of region data transfers?
> Is it related to Pathfinding?
> Any idea on how long crossings will be broken?

Re: [slscripters] "Old" and "New" regions? My (and other) vehicles are broken.

Stickman-2
> An example of a "new" region is Nuttall.

Do the "new" regions have different version information? Or are they
showing the same server version?

If you find out what release channel they're on, and if they're
different versions, you can check the release notes. They could give
you the answer you're looking for. If the release notes don't show it,
then it's either a bug, or a security fix they didn't tell anyone
about.

Let us know what you find!

Stickman

Re: [slscripters] "Old" and "New" regions? My (and other) vehicles are broken.

AnnMarie Otoole
I had some direct Linden input on the subject.

A few experimental sims are doing testing, I believe related to
PathFinding.  SVC-8032 was closed because they already had acknowledged
a problem with mesh objects exiting sims with PF functions.  But it
appears the bug is worse than expected and applies to ALL objects hence
opening of SVC8033.  They have a meeting in the morning and may cancel
the roll-out due to this bug.

It WILL get worse.  The roll out for Wednesday will expand the test to
all 3 channels which I expect will virtually shut down all my vehicle
use and the pod vehicles too.  I understand they will be monitoring the
grid intensely during the test and plan to terminate the test Thursday.
Either terminate or they will have to update the whole grid since I
assume objects can move from "new" sims to "new" sims, but that is also
part of the test tomorrow.

I will be monitoring results of the bug and passing statistics back to
Teeple Linden but with just 3 bad sims I am losing up to 300 vehicles a day.