[slscripters] llGetObjectDesc question

Alan Cameron

I have been reading the LSL portal page on llGetObjectDesc and there is a reference to a view menu option ‘Hover Tips On All Objects’.

It says

<q>

Note that when people have "Hover Tips on All Objects" selected in the viewer's "View" menu, they'll see the object description pop-up for any object under their mouse pointer. For that reason, it is good practice to only set human-friendly information in the description (e.g. keys and such).

</q>

Is this option still available to users of SL viewers?

Is this option available to any TPVs?

If yes perhaps someone could point me to where it is set.

TIA

Re: [slscripters] llGetObjectDesc question

Kuraiko Yoshikawa
You can also see all details in the official viewer with right click on the object -> Object Profile
dunno if the hover tip is still available

On 30.07.2012 20:39, Eloise Pasteur wrote:
[...]

Tori C.
On 07/30/2012 02:32 PM, Alan Cameron wrote:

Is this option still available to users of SL viewers?

Is this option available to any TPVs?

For the LL viewer, set ShowAllObjectHoverTip to TRUE in debug settings. Otherwise, only interactive objects (with sit, touch, buy etc.) will have tips. If somehow all tips have vanished on an LL viewer, also switch ShowHoverTips to TRUE.

Most TPVs have a toggle for both kinds of tips somewhere in their preferences. Resort to those same debug settings if they are really good at hiding.

But yes, right-click will work in any case.