[slscripters] llEmail queue clogging

Sasun Steinbeck
Some time recently I believe someone asked if the llEmail incoming queue bug was acting up more frequently than usual. At the time I noticed that yes, more than the usual number of my email-based servers were stuck with a jammed incoming mail queue.

I created an email polling gadget to tell me when one of my simple update servers is clogged so now I am much more aware of when it happens. In fact, the gadget that polls all the other servers itself clogged up after just a few days after being created!

My servers are on Second Life Server 14.12.05.297277 (private region) and most are on Second Life RC BlueSteel 14.12.05.297277 (mainland)

On the Blueseel sim, out of 21 servers, 10 had stuck incoming email queues, and all of them got stuck some time today, after I positively verified they were all working fine about a week ago and have been continuously monitored since then.

Since in most cases I'm sure, like it was with me, I had no kind of automated checking so I was largely unaware of the problem until I got a complaint from someone that noticed they weren't getting things. So may be the case with you - are your email servers clogged up and you just don't know it? Better go check!

This is really getting outrageous, I just don't have the time to fix all these servers all the time like this.

Re: [slscripters] llEmail queue clogging

Fred Allandale
I am having the same problems with llEmail. Much more frequent since October
than in the past few years. Very problematic. See "[JIRA] (BUG-7554) Email
communication between in world object on different sims hangs".  Anyone
affected by this problem, please vote for it on the JIRA. This needs to be
fixed as it is very disruptive to a large number of users and products.

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 19:08:33 -0800
From: Sasun Steinbeck <[hidden email]>
Subject: [slscripters] llEmail queue clogging

[...]