[slscripters] This is a sort of catchup - Thanks

[slscripters] This is a sort of catchup - Thanks

Alan Cameron

Thanks to all who confirmed my suspicions that I was being sold a load of B£%%$”&^

Obviously I need to go back to school and learn about HTTP and the requests in LSL.

As far as an in-world delivery object I have seen a useful video from Con Wylie which

shows it can be done without SL Marketplace.

I am sure however there are a lot of ‘gotchas’ which I will have to avoid if I get

Involved in anything that involves handling money transfer between residents

but for a free to purchase it might not be too bad.

Thanks to all again – Alan Cameron

Re: [slscripters] This is a sort of catchup - Thanks

Dale Innis
> As far as an in-world delivery object I have seen a useful video from Con Wylie which
> shows it can be done without SL Marketplace.

Um, yeah.  :)  You don't need any fancy videos or anything, just look
at llGiveInventory() and llGiveInventoryList().  There are a billion
objects out there that do this.  To add the ability to be triggered by
an external program, see llRequestURL() / http_request() for instance;
the one complication will be how you communicate the new URL when the
region gets reset.

For that matter come to think of it :) see my own:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Update_distributor

It's about distributing updates to existing customers, so there's no
money-handling or external programs involved, but the principle is
pretty obvious...

-- Dale

Re: [slscripters] This is a sort of catchup - Thanks

Kuraiko Yoshikawa

> the one complication will be how you communicate the new URL when the
> region gets reset.
Uhm, with the changed event you can detect the region restart and with
llHTTPRequest you can send the new URL to the server...
since the object UUID didn't change on a region restart you can easily
identify the object on the server side.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Kuraiko Yoshikawa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Uhm, with the changed event you can detect the region restart and with
> llHTTPRequest you can send the new URL to the server...

Well, right, but that means that your server has to accept "here's the
new URL to use" requests, which requires some additional coding.
That's all I meant by "complication"...

Re: [slscripters] This is a sort of catchup - Thanks

Nexii Malthus-2
"Here's the new URL" snippet:
  1. Send URL in LSL to PHP:
  2. Store in PHP:
    • <?php file_put_contents('url.txt', $_GET['url']); ?>
  3. Get in PHP:
    • <?php $URL = file_get_contents('url.txt'); ?>
  4. Normal request from PHP:
    • <?php $ch = curl_init($URL);
    • curl_setopt_array($ch, array(CURLOPT_HEADER => false, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true));
    • $result = curl_exec($ch);
    • curl_close($ch); ?>

That's shorter than the default LSL script.

- Nexii