[slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

[slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

Fred Allandale

Object-to-object emails between sims appear to be failing randomly again. Been reliable for past couple of years since it was last seen.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MISC-148

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7554

Anyone else having this problem lately? If so, please add your comments to BUG-7554 so we can get the attention of Linden Labs to fix it (again).

Re: [slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

Andromeda Quonset-2
At 10:46 AM 10/18/2014, you wrote:

Object-to-object emails between sims appear to be failing randomly again. Been reliable for past couple of years since it was last seen.
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MISC-148
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7554

Anyone else having this problem lately? If so, please add your comments to BUG-7554 so we can get the attention of Linden Labs to fix it (again).

I don't know if this relates or not, but I am noticing that for the past few days my IM's are no longer being forwarded to my email address, and group announcements are also no longer being forwarded.

--Andro

Re: [slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

Jack of Spades

> On Oct 18, 2014, at 5:20 PM, Andromeda Quonset <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't know if this relates or not, but I am noticing that for the past few days my IM's are no longer being forwarded to my email address, and group announcements are also no longer being forwarded.

I'm receiving my offline IMs and notifications, as recently as six hours ago.

Re: [slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

Sasun Steinbeck
I saw multiple llEmail failures last night. Not only my own, but someone else's kiosk delivery system failed, which I assume was using llEmail. HTTP communication was working fine. This problem has never gone away, I've still had various and sundry servers waiting on email fail and get locked up consistently over the years.

I just ran an automated check on all my email based severs and 6 out of 21 servers had a stuck email queue! This is unusually high, ugh. No idea when they got locked up, it's has been a while since I checked. It's usually so rare, this is strange.

Here's my super simple way to check your servers. I have a simple script that emails them all:

list updaters = ["ac0730d6-4d2b-602d-7f26-bed15d0e1bbe", //widget 1 updater
"adc007b2-cca5-bc1e-68b1-373c32305150" //widget 2 updater
//etc. etc.
];

default
{
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        integer i;
        for (i = 0; i < llGetListLength(updaters); i++)
        {
            llOwnerSay(llList2String(updaters, i));
            llEmail(llList2String(updaters, i) + "@lsl.secondlife.com", "test", "");
        }
        llOwnerSay("Done!");
    }
}

Then in each server, put this in your email event:

email(string time, string address, string subj, string message, integer num_left)
    {
        if (subj == "test")
        {
            llInstantMessage(llGetOwner(), (string)llGetKey() + " ok");
            if (num_left > 0)
                llGetNextEmail("", "");
            return;
        }
}

then in your chat window you see something like this:

[14:41] Product Updater Checker: 9c0730d6-4d2b-602d-7f26-bed15d0e1bbe
[14:41] Tour HUD Updater: 9c0730d6-4d2b-602d-7f26-bed15d0e1bbe ok

where the 2nd line is the IM reply directly from the server, which indicates it is ok. Any line that doesn't get a reply right below it probably has a stuck email queue.

Be sure NOT to put your tester gadget in the same region. llEmail uses a faster method if it is talking to something in the same region and it may work even though the email queue is actually stuck.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Jack Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2014, at 5:20 PM, Andromeda Quonset <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't know if this relates or not, but I am noticing that for the past few days my IM's are no longer being forwarded to my email address, and group announcements are also no longer being forwarded.

I'm receiving my offline IMs and notifications, as recently as six hours ago.

Re: [slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

Harold Brown
Checking back in my logs it looks like it died on October 16th around 10am PST

Note that the times are roughly 4 hours ahead of PST in the database... just something I never quite fixed.  But I do have logs of llEmail and xml-rpc response times for ... 5 or so years.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Sasun Steinbeck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

where the 2nd line is the IM reply directly from the server, which indicates it is ok. Any line that doesn't get a reply right below it probably has a stuck email queue.

Be sure NOT to put your tester gadget in the same region. llEmail uses a faster method if it is talking to something in the same region and it may work even though the email queue is actually stuck.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Jack Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2014, at 5:20 PM, Andromeda Quonset <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't know if this relates or not, but I am noticing that for the past few days my IM's are no longer being forwarded to my email address, and group announcements are also no longer being forwarded.

I'm receiving my offline IMs and notifications, as recently as six hours ago.

Re: [slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

I have added a new interface to the data:

This is a 5 year rolling window, times are currently reflecting the SL Time, and data is attempted to be collected every 15 minutes.

I'll add the same interface for the xmlrpc at some point.

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM, Harold Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

where the 2nd line is the IM reply directly from the server, which indicates it is ok. Any line that doesn't get a reply right below it probably has a stuck email queue.

Be sure NOT to put your tester gadget in the same region. llEmail uses a faster method if it is talking to something in the same region and it may work even though the email queue is actually stuck.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Jack Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2014, at 5:20 PM, Andromeda Quonset <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't know if this relates or not, but I am noticing that for the past few days my IM's are no longer being forwarded to my email address, and group announcements are also no longer being forwarded.

I'm receiving my offline IMs and notifications, as recently as six hours ago.

Re: [slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

Ronnie Tomorrow

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 14:20:20 -0700 Andromeda Quonset
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know if this relates or not, but I am noticing that for the
> past few days my IM's are no longer being forwarded to my email
> addressthis problem and had to change the email address, and group
> announcements are also no longer being forwarded.

I had this problem and had to change the email address I used in order
to fix it. I think LL blacklist certain addresses.

Re: [slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

Harold Brown
IM to Email sometimes "drops off" or you accidently clicked the link in an IM to E-Mail that turned it off.  There are also times when specific regions are not able to send IM -> Email for the originating AV.  I'd recommend checking your preferences first for that issue.

That said.  External <-> Internal email from objects use a different system then IM <-> E-Mail

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know if this relates or not, but I am noticing that for the
> past few days my IM's are no longer being forwarded to my email
> addressthis problem and had to change the email address, and group
> announcements are also no longer being forwarded.

I had this problem and had to change the email address I used in order
to fix it. I think LL blacklist certain addresses.

Re: [slscripters] Failed llEmail problem appears to be back

Andromeda Quonset-2
I was able to get my IM-to-Email fixed.  As it turned out, I was on the SL web page updating account payment info.  I didn't change anything on the email, but apparently turned off IM-to-Email by not entering anything for the field.  You'd think it would default to whatever was the previous info....Anyway, I have that working now.....

Thanks! :)