[slscripters] Detecting if pathfinding is enabled

[slscripters] Detecting if pathfinding is enabled

Stickman-2
A number of regions have pathfinding disabled. I'm trying to figure
out a way to detect if the region I'm in has pathfinding enabled or
not.

Since it's a region-wide setting (requiring SimConsole to change) I'm
assuming a function like
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetRegionFlags would have it, but
either the page is out of date, or it does not.

Another idea is to use
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetClosestNavPoint and see if it
returns a value or an empty list. This has the advantage of letting me
know if pathfinding works nearby or not, even if the region is enabled
elsewhere. The notes say this function can be intensive, and I
wouldn't want to cause undue lag. Also, I haven't completely checked,
but I'm suspecting this function can return a false negative in some
situations.

Lastly, and this might even seem to be the intended way, there is
PU_FAILURE_DYNAMIC_PATHFINDING_DISABLED for the
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Path_update event. It claims that it
is triggered when entering a region with pathfinding disabled. If
that's the case, it is not triggered when a script starts or is rezzed
in a region with pathfinding disabled, which makes it considerably
less useful for detection.

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion for detecting whether
pathfinding is enabled or not?

Many thanks,

Stickman

Re: [slscripters] Detecting if pathfinding is enabled

Storm Thunders
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetEnv   with "dynamic_pathfinding"

-Storm (Sorry Stickman, I forgot to reply all the first time)