Just a suggestion for the list

Marcio Moo
I don't know how these messages are distributed but isn't there a way the list automatically insert some kind of tag before the subject, like "[secondlifescripters] - mononomo"?
I say that because several e-mails from the group arrive marked as "blacklisted" and with a tag like that not only we would be able to instruct our anti-spams filters to consider valid every e-mail with the tag, as we could also redirect every list message to a specific folder.
Thanks,
Marcio
P.S.: I'm a rookie here so if this issue was covered before, sorry.

Re: Just a suggestion for the list

Kelly Linden
Marcio Moo wrote:
I don't know how these messages are distributed but isn't there a way the list automatically insert some kind of tag before the subject, like "[secondlifescripters] - mononomo"?
I say that because several e-mails from the group arrive marked as "blacklisted" and with a tag like that not only we would be able to instruct our anti-spams filters to consider valid every e-mail with the tag, as we could also redirect every list message to a specific folder.
Thanks,
Marcio
P.S.: I'm a rookie here so if this issue was covered before, sorry.

It is definitely possible, and I don't know if it has been discussed before.

However if you want a way to identify these emails more immediately, whether for spam filters or to filter to a folder etc you can go by the List-Id which for this list is secondlifescripters.lists.secondlife.com .  Usually this requires support in the filters for matching on a custom header field, and you need to match by 'contains' or similar (not exact match since the full header looks like: Scripters <secondlifescripters.lists.secondlife.com>)

 - Kelly

Re: Just a suggestion for the list

Harold Brown
Or you can filter on the To: line which is
[hidden email]

On Jan 21, 2008 8:31 AM, Kelly Linden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Marcio Moo wrote:
>

> I don't know how these messages are distributed but isn't there a way the
> list automatically insert some kind of tag before the subject, like
> "[secondlifescripters] - mononomo"?
> I say that because several e-mails from the group arrive marked as
> "blacklisted" and with a tag like that not only we would be able to instruct
> our anti-spams filters to consider valid every e-mail with the tag, as we
> could also redirect every list message to a specific folder.
> Thanks,
> Marcio
> P.S.: I'm a rookie here so if this issue was covered before, sorry.
>  It is definitely possible, and I don't know if it has been discussed
> before.
>
> However if you want a way to identify these emails more immediately, whether
> for spam filters or to filter to a folder etc you can go by the List-Id
> which for this list is secondlifescripters.lists.secondlife.com .  Usually
> this requires support in the filters for matching on a custom header field,
> and you need to match by 'contains' or similar (not exact match since the
> full header looks like: Scripters
> <secondlifescripters.lists.secondlife.com>)
>
>  - Kelly

Filtering List messages (was: Just a suggestion for the list)

Boroondas Gupte
[Reposting because sent from "wrong" address]

Harold Brown schrieb:
> Or you can filter on the To: line which is
> [hidden email]
This won't work for messages that are CC'ed to the list (like this one).
To me, filtering for the header line "Sender:" to be
"[hidden email]" seemed to be the most
reliable alternative, up to now.

cheers
Boroondas