Give an object from web

Renzo Amat
HI,

Anyone can help me ?

I see that slexchange web, whern i select and object of the web page , i can receive the object into the Sl application.

How i need for send an object from my webpage to another (avatar connect at SL) ?

Thank's

Renzo

Re: Give an object from web

ordinal.malaprop
There are objects in-world which communicate with the web server, which
tells them when they should deliver products to avatars. There are
different ways of doing this but at the moment I would use
llHTTPRequest.

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 18:05:48 +0100, "Renzo Amat"
<[hidden email]> said:

> HI,
>
> Anyone can help me ?
>
> I see that slexchange web, whern i select and object of the web page ,
> i can receive the object into the Sl application.
>
> How i need for send an object from my webpage to another (avatar
> connect at SL) ?
>

> Thank's
>

> Renzo

Re: Give an object from web

Impalah
Well not httpRequest, better use xml-rpc, but nowadays it has a BIG BIG BIG bug (SVC29 in Jira). SLExchange and many others are having problems with that ******* bug.

With httprequest you'll need to have an object making "requests" every X second to your page while with xml-rpc your web will call an object to do "something".

Take a look at: http://secondlifehowto.com/blog2/2006/12/30/howto-make-xmlrpc-calls-to-an-in-world-object/

Greetingzzz

<[hidden email]> said:

> HI,
>
> Anyone can help me ?
>
> I see that slexchange web, whern i select and object of the web page ,
> i can receive the object into the Sl application.
>
> How i need for send an object from my webpage to another (avatar
> connect at SL) ?
>

> Thank's
>

> Renzo

Re: Give an object from web

ordinal.malaprop
That's why I said to use llHTTPRequest (apart from it being easier to
write for generally, in my opinion, as dealing with http requests are
more familiar to more people). The centralised model for dealing with
XMLRPC vs llHTTPRequests coming from the sim means that even rapidly
polling objects are easier on the grid.

Kelly Linden posted the following on this list a month or two ago when
people were asking questions on which to use...